Saturday 7 April 2007

Agatha Raisin & The Day The Floods Came

Agatha Raisin and the Day the Floods Came
M.C. Beaton
Book 12 in the series ISBN 1 84529 378 9

Two drowned brides distract Agatha Raisin from her marriage...Abandoned by her husband, Agatha hops on a plane to the South Pacific. There she meets a honeymooning couple but tragically, the new bride accidentally drowns. Returning home to Carsely, Agatha finds herself involved in a strangely similar situation - a woman, dressed in a wedding gown, is found floating in a river. The police say suicide, but Agatha sets out to prove them wrong.


I've yet to read an Agatha Raisin I didn't enjoy. Yep, they're 'fluff', but the best kind of fluff and a lot of fun. Well written, twisting turning plots, and interesting characters. Works for me! I also think I enjoy these so much as they're all set in an area very close by to where I grew up. I keep meaning to try some of Beaton's other books, the Hamish McBeth ones...will add them to my ever increasing list...


Read more about The Day The Floods Came

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with fluff! Sounds like a fun book.